BAE offers open adult classes for students ages 14 and above. Students of all levels are encouraged to reach their highest potential in a nurturing and professional environment. Classes in various levels are offered seven days a week.
Please check the schedule to the right for the most up-to-date class information.
Visit our Faculty page to read the bios of all our gifted and dedicated instructors.
Download the BAE app Today!
Use the BAE App to view class schedules, sign-up to take a class, purchase class-cards, and view promotions. Easily connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
BALLET LEVEL GUIDE
• Introduction Ballet: 0-1 year training
• Basic Beginner Ballet: 1-2 years training
• Beginner Ballet: 2-5 years training
• Advanced Beginner Ballet: Minimum 4 years training
• Intermediate Ballet: Minimum 6 years training
• Adv/Intermediate Ballet: Minimum 8 yrs. training
• Pointe: Must be at the Intermediate or Advanced level or consult with teacher.
Please note: If you have previous ballet experience but are returning to ballet class after a long hiatus it is strongly recommended that you start in the Basic Beginner class and gradually move up.
MODERN AND TAP LEVEL GUIDE
• Beginner Modern: 1 year of Ballet or Modern training.
• Beginner Tap: Minimum of 1 year experience.
Pilates, Yoga, Body Conditioning and Zumba classes are designed to suit all levels of ability.
OPEN CLASS PRICES
Single Class $19
10 Classes $180 ($18 per class)
25 Classes $425 ($17 per class)
50 Classes $800 ($16 per class)
Unlimited classes, $2800 (must be paid in full in one installment)
Gift certificates for open adult classes are available in any amount.
SAG, AFTRA, Equity, Mt. Sinai Employees, Military, College, and Seniors (60+) discounts are available. Please speak with Front Desk for tuition amounts.
Class Card Policies
Ten-class cards expire six months from date of purchase.
A one-time only thirty-day extension may be arranged for ten-class cards for $10 (only valid for cards purchased at full price).
All other cards expire one year from date of purchase. Tuition is non-refundable.
Dance for PD® at BAE. These classes are offered at BAE free of charge to people with Parkinson’s, their families, friends and caregivers as part of the Mark Morris Dance Group and Brooklyn Parkinson Group. Space is limited. Advance registration is required. Click here for details.
- For everyone's comfort, students should arrive no more than 20 minutes prior to their class and leave no more than 20 after.
- All students should check in with the front desk before heading to class.
- Please arrive on time for class and notfity the teacher at the start of class if you need to leave early.
- Children should not be left unattended in the hallways.
- There is no specific dress code for the open classes. We recommend that ladies wear a leotard, tights (any color) and ballet slippers and gentlemen wear a tee shirt, black tights and black ballet slippers. Leg warmers or sweat pants are optional. For everyone’s comfort, please do not wear overly revealing garments or strong perfume to class.