BAE’s Adaptive Dance Classes are designed for children with autism spectrum disorders, Down syndrome, developmental delays, or sensory sensitives who would benefit from an accessible, empowering, and fun dance experience. Sensory-friendly classes are held within a warm and encouraging environment where children will have the opportunity to explore the joys of creative movement and live music while building coordination, musicality, expression, strength, and social skills.
View Adaptive Dance Digital Brochure
Read the press release announcing this new program!
- Classes include a head teacher, assistants, and live music accompaniment.
- Classes will use elements of ballet and creative movement and focus on building gross motor skills, musicality, and expression through dance.
- For ages 3-4: Students will move through the entirety of the class with the support of a parent or caregiver.
- For ages 5-7: Parents and caregivers are encouraged to wait outside the classroom or watch class from the window, but may assist their child if they need extra support.
- Additional time will be provided before and after class to chat with Miss. Mackenzie, and get acclimated to the room.
- Students are more than welcome to sit if they need a break. A quiet corner of the classroom will be set up where they may sit, relax, and observe, or they may exit the room with supervision.
2022-2023 Class Schedule
Ages 3-4: Sunday, 10:10-10:50am
Ages 5-7: Sunday, 9:20-10:00am
Summer 2023 Class Schedule
Ages 3-4: Saturday, 11:00-11:40am
Ages 5-7: Saturday, 10:10-10:50am
Schedule subject to change.
Register for 22-23 School Year
Email or call 212-410-9140 to learn more about the program.
2022-2023 School Year
February 5, 12
March 5, 12, 19
April 23, 30
May 7, 14, 21
June 4, 11
School Holiday Closings
Spring Break: Monday, March 20 – Sunday, April 2
Easter: Sunday, April 9
Memorial Day Weekend: Saturday, May 27-Monday, May 29
Parents’ Observation Week: Monday, May 1 – Sunday, May 8
June 26 – August 19, 2023
Please note; BAE will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2023 in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
Favorite Stuffed Animal Day: Saturday, July 15
Parents’ Observation Day: Saturday, July 29
Favorite Leotard Day: Saturday, August 19
2022-2023 School Year Tuition
$600 per 12-week session
Summer 2023 Tuition
$400 for an 8-week session
Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Please note; enrollment is ongoing and tuition is prorated based on the week a child begins class. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a tuition quote.
Classes are led by faculty member Mackenzie Fey, a graduate of BAE, professional ballet dancer, and experienced Adaptive Dance teacher. Miss Mackenzie previously taught Adaptive Dance at Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre and has completed additional training through Boston Ballet’s Adaptive Dance Program. Several teaching assistants will participate in the class to ensure that there will be many helping hands for our dancers.
Learn more about the BAE Faculty.
Students may wear comfortable athletic wear or dance attire to allow for ease in movement. Socks or ballet slippers are recommended.
Capezio Uptown Store
For hours and questions please contact email@example.com or 212-348-7210
Visit Capezio online for all your dance wear needs.